Monday, October 24, 2011

Halloween Dinner

A lady from my home town prepared what she called a "gross out" dinner each October. She creates a dinner filled with delicious but disgusting looking food. She is extremely creative and comes up with new ideas every year. Here are a few pictures from her meal last October.

Amputated hands with burned flesh: Meatloaf and grilled provolone cheese on top.
Pile of Poop: Truffles rolled in sprinkles on a bed of toilet paper

Since I have a little boy I thought this would be a fun tradition to begin. I thought I would start out slowly and go for the cuter side of Halloween food this year. Here are some pictures of what we had.  

Mummy Dogs

Pumpkin Juice (Orange Juice) and Blood Sauce (Ketchup)

Candy Corn Pudding: Tapioca Pudding with food coloring to create the layers. 
We had the dinner last night and it was a success. My family had a lot of fun and it was easy to prepare. I am looking forward to our dinner next year. 

How does your family celebrate Halloween?


2 comments:

  1. I can probably figure it out if I try, but do u have a recipe for the amputated hands?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can probably figure it out if I try, but do u have a recipe for the amputated hands?

    ReplyDelete