Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Kitchen Redo

 We haven't completely finished the kitchen yet, but I at least have to show you what we have done so far. I will have to post the full redo once it's all completely done.

Before


When we first bought our house my husband and I knew right away the dining area in the kitchen was going to be the first to get a redo. The garden wall paper was just not our style!

Then we took of the shelve they so kindly left behind for us, and this is what we found!  They painted around the shelve!  Seriously?!  They also left behind a spaghetti splattered ceiling fan for us too.  It all had to go!

So with some shopping online, and some trips to Target and Lowes, this is how it turned out.  
Just ignore the the ugly chairs in the picture that need to be refinished, or hopefully just replaced.
We first picked out a yellow paint for the walls, but I wasn't loving it.  So we picked a soft and bright gray/beige, with a little more gray in it.  My kitchen feels so warm and cheerful now! 

We love how it turned out.  It was the first room we did, and it made it really made it feel like it was turning into our home.

~Jessica

We participate in these linky parties. 


2 comments:

  1. It's like a whole new kitchen and I LOVE the colors. I'm new to your blog (came over from All Things Heart and Home) and I love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandy, Thanks for visiting our blog. Jessica's kitchen looks even better in person. I stopped by your blog and loved reading your posts. We would love to feature you sometime.

    ReplyDelete