Wednesday, March 30, 2011

April Fool's Day Inspiration: Turkey Meatloaf Faux Cupcakes

Surprise your family on April Fool's day with Turkey Meatloaf Faux Cupcakes for dinner. They look like cupcakes and even have frosting. 
Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice

I make these meatloaf cupcakes at least once a month. They are easy to make and are the perfect portion size. The frosting is mashed potatoes. Visit Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice to view the recipe and see more pictures. 

I do not enjoy mixing raw meat with my bare hands. My new trick is to wear disposable gloves. 

You could use your families favorite recipe to make these meatloaf cupcakes, but trust me when I say these are worth a try. The recipe calls for sweet and sour sauce instead of ketchup or tomato sauce giving it a yummy tang. 

1 comment:

  1. ha ha.. Love this! I should save this idea for next April Fools (though... my kids seem to think that the entire month is fool-worthy!)

    Thank you so much for sharing this at last week's For the Kids Friday link party! This week's party is up and running. If you haven't already stopped by, I'd love to have you sharing again this week!

    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/04/for-kids-friday-6.html

    :)rachel

    ReplyDelete